Udisha: Students internship/placement and industry initiatives
There is a need for education to create a talent pool which can be easily absorbed in various industries that will take the nation to greater heights.
- To provide students the right platform to start a career with a firm footing.
- To interface academia with industries and bridge the gap between the demand and supply of human resources.
- To provide training for specific skill sets that help in leveraging the growing service sectors such as banking and financial services, insurances and telecommunication.
- With the help of the Ministry of Industries and Commissionerate students internship programme for 45 days is being planned. The students to be identified would be mainly from the less developed areas and would undergo training on the shop floor in various industries of the different sectors.
- Interactions with industrial bodies such as CII, NASSCOM are in progress. The possibilities of interfacing academia with industries through workshops, conferences and exchange programs are being explored.
- The possibility of collaboration between major industries and universities in the state to develop market friendly courses to meet the needs of a competitive market are being explored.
- A placements cell has been opened in several colleges across the state to hold training programs, followed by job fairs for students. Training for CBCS, material development, examination reforms at UG & PG level.