‘The health of the people is really the foundation upon which all their happiness and all their powers as a State depend.”
Along with education leading to all-round development of personality of student health is prime importance. It is rightly stated “SHARIRAM MADYAM KHALU DHARMA SHADHANM”, the physical health is first and foremost instrument for pursuit of Dharma. Development of any nation largely depends on its youth and they should be physically fit and healthy.
The prime goal of introducing health card for students is to promote physically active lifestyles from a tender age which will be continued till adulthood and reduce health problems related to inactivity in their future.
- To increase the overall percentage of physically fit young Indians in the State so that they contribute to the making of a healthy nation.
- Find health condition of every student in the State and maintain their health records so that they can be frequently assessed and appropriate measures can be taken for their improvement.
- Improve the health of every student in the State as they are the most important Human resource for the development of any nation.
- Implement physical education and health education curricula that emphasize enjoyable participation in physical activity and that help students to develop the knowledge, attitudes, motor skills, behavioral skills, and confidence needed to adopt and maintain physically active lifestyles.
- Providing colleges and individuals with safe options for continuing with physical activity even when students are affected by illness, injury, or disability.
We hardly have any information about the health status of the students of our state. The performance of the students in various areas is largely dependent on his/her health. The regular health check up shall possible valuable information about the health status and will help in deciding future course of action.
Background/ Current situation:
Health Check up is carried out by some institutions, but it is not a practice to issue health card. In absence of such record, the follow up is not possible.
Methodology and plan of action:
There should be regular health checkup camp organized every year from August to September end in every college for both graduate and postgraduate student.
The medical checkup plan should be compulsory for each college and for each student. The students will get marksheets with the health card so if any student, who takes this checkup lightly and does not take participate intentionally, will not get mark sheet.
Physical education activity can teach students that physical activity can be fun. With a broad range of games and activities, students are exposed to forms of exercise that don't simply involve running around a track. Games and other activities incorporate teamwork, strategy, skill-building exercises, and fun.
Every college should have committee on medicine and fitness. Promote collaboration between Physical Education Trainer and college professor. For example, physical education trainer might provide ideas for "fitness breaks" to college professor, where 5-minute aerobic activities could be used to break up the day. Provide physical and social environments that encourage and enable physical activity.
- Short term : 0 to 6 months
- Medium term : 6 to 12 months
- Long Term : 1 year to 5 years
In every college at least once in year health checkup should be organized.
To provide health card to every student.
Every college’s student health information should be available.